Chicken Stir Fry
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup carrots (peeled, sliced thinly, drained or 1/2 can, about 8 ounces, low-sodium carrots)
1/2 cup broccoli (florets)
1/4 cup onion (cut into strips)
1 green pepper (cut into strips)
1 tablespoon garlic (finely chopped)
1 tablespoon ginger (finely chopped, optional)
1 pound chicken (cooked, skin removed, sliced into strips)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
3 tablespoons soy sauce (optional)
3 cups cooked white rice (or brown rice)
- Heat a large pan with vegetable oil over high heat
- Add vegetables and garlic to the hot pan. Stir until garlic is slightly brown. If using ginger, add that too.
- Add the chicken and sugar to pan. If using soy sauce, add that too.
- Stir the food for about 1 min in the pan.
- Serve with cooked rice. Makes: 6 servings
PER 1/6 RECIPE: CALORIES 247, FAT: 7G, PROTEIN: 19G, CARBS: 25G, CHOLESTEROL: 53MG, SODIUM 423MG, FIBER: 2G